Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I really don't know what to say.

My mom has a subscription to "The National Enquirer". She's had one since the early 80s. (Of course she has. It makes such perfect sense it's almost ridiculous.) She brings them to Austin whenever she comes for a visit, and before throwing them in the recycle pile, I thumb through them of course. I am always, ALWAYS delighted by the ads. "Magic Blue Dot" anyone?

Anyway, I was sort of stunned speechless by two ads I saw in recent issues, and I had to share. (Sorry for the poor image qualilty. I don't have a scanner. So deal.)

I love the artist's rendering of the Teddy cutting one loose at a party. What a gas! Bwah ha ha!! I'm so taking this to the next fancy party I attend (because I attend so many...).

And then there was this:

Court room artists renderings of celebrity trials. You can get the real scoop on this waste of trees here. Yep. I now know what everyone in my family is getting from me for Christmas.

3 comments:

La Turista said...

I posted the Farting Teddy, too, and you even commented on it. You must really want one. Or the drugs made you forget ...

Word Ver: faftrvs - what the Teddy's farts sound like.

Karla May said...

Yes, Turista: it's the drugs. It's ALWAYS the drugs.

I wondered why he seemed so familiar to me. At first I just thought it was because he seemed very similar to an ex-boyfriend I had many moons ago. But now I know: he'd worked his way into my consciousness via your blog.

And yes: of COURSE I want him. Duh.

GoingLoopy said...

I bought a farting hedgehog dog toy for my dad's dog last Christmas. At Target. And of course I went around squeezing it the whole time I was there. My best friend and I could not stop giggling.

I don't know if it was really SUPPOSED to fart, though.

Those ads...are even scarier than the ones for that "lifelike baby" doll.