Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy Fwiday the Firteemf

Today was a good day. It was one of those crisp fall mornings that started out in the upper 50s with ridiculously blue skies. The Geej was in a good mood. And it was my last day of "freedom" before I head back to work on Monday. My last day of work prior to all this surgery sickness B.S. was August 29th. I am SO ready to go back. Not only for the paycheck (which I'm sorely in need of after unpaid medical leave for 6 weeks), but for the social aspect and to get my brain working again.

So here's how today went.

Took The Geej to school. It was cool enought that she got to wear her adorable new Old Navy hoodie. It was also the first day since starting at New School (which is what she's still calling it) that she didn't shed a tear or two when I left. YAY!!

Went to Whole Foods and shopped. There's nothing like shopping at 9:30 in the morning when you have the store practically to yourself. Managed to keep my bill under $75, which is saying something.

Came home. Read the Chronicle while kicking back in the hammock swing on the deck. Did I mention in was a beautiful day? Cuz it was fucking awesome.

Decided to FINALLY go see "Little Miss Sunshine." Was surprised it was actually still playing. Looked forward to having popcorn and Coke for lunch.

Decided to take 360 to the theater. Drove with the windows down and Tom Petty blaring on the stereo. I had one of those "GOD I love Austin" moments when I crossed the 360 bridge.

Got to the movie theater, and surprise, "Little Miss Sunshine" was actually no longer playing. So I decided to see the next random movie that was playing at that time, "Infamous." Having just read In Cold Blood for the first time this past spring, I was curious. What a tour de force of acting by the dude who played Capote. He made the rest of the impressive supporting cast look like a bunch of amateurs. Especially Peter Bogdonovich. He's NOT an actor. So why does he get cast in stuff and take roles away from actual acting professionals? Anyway, it was enjoyable.

Went to my favorite vintage store after the movie to buy a swag lamp. You know: one of those cheesy 70s lamps that hangs down from the ceiling. Why, you ask?

So I could finally complete the triumvrate of cheesy 70s swag lamps in the corner of my bedroom.

Got home; hung said lamp. Took about a 45 minute nap before going to get The Geej.

Came home and played outside with The Geej until dinner time. It was still gorgeous, and not hot at all. She was being hilarious, running around the back yard, squealing as only 2 year old girls can do, imploring me to "WATCH MOM!!" as she kicked balls around the yard.

Ate dinner and had a drama free bathtime and bedtime. And now it's time to go dump the Diaper Genie and watch my Tivo-ed episodes of "The Office" and "Grey's Anatomy."

Life is good.

Speaking of Thursday night TV, holy SHIT "My Name is Earl" was brilliant last night. The whole Randy/Cat Lady thing? And Amy fucking Sedaris? And the "Time After Time" montage with the boombox? Can we please just give them the Emmy right now?! And I am SO hot for Jason Lee and his white trash mustache and little belly paunch, I can't even tell you...

4 comments:

La Turista said...

Sounds like today was a lucky day for you. Such a nice change, isn't it? Now quick, get in bed and REST!

Mags said...

I'm glad you get to go back to work. (! What a strange sentiment.)

So...I get to have a colonoscopy next week! (You made it sound so fun, I was jealous, and had to volunteer when I heard they were giving them out free.)

I just have to say...17 hours without any fucking food? I do not think that is possible! And, should I take the next day off? How sick will I be from just the procedure, assuming they don't hack several feet off my intestine?

Badger said...

I'm with La T -- I hope you're kicking back and resting today, young lady!

But yeah, yesterday's weather was awesome. I'm glad you had fun! Sorry you didn't get to see Little Miss Sunshine, though. You would LOVE it.

And holy shit, I fucking LOVE your swag lamp collection! I want one now.

Karla said...

I totally miss those "I love austin" moments. I've had afew of them sittin' right on my front doorstep.

sigh.