Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's hard to choose...

...which photo of The Geej I should include with my "Mother of the Year, 2006" application.

There's this one:

Where she's running around in just a t-shirt and diaper, after having invaded my pantyhose drawer (will someone puh-leeeze tell me why the fuck I have a pantyhose drawer?) and pulling out lots of scarves to add to her outfit.

And then there's this one:

In which an empty box that once housed a case of vodka works very well as a hat to go with this smashing shirt + diaper + Mardi Gras beads ensemble. (BTW--the empty vodka box? Yeah, my mom brought that from her house in order to carry some stuff. We are one classy lot of ladies, I tell ya.)

And finally, there's this one:


That's when she had her black eye back in August. She was staying with my mom while I was visiting--sigh--Mr. Wonderful, and the dog my mom was dog-sitting at the time, tried to bite GJ's face but thankfully only nipped her cheekbone. The result was a perfect shiner. This picture (with that damn cheesy grin of hers) doesn't do it justice. It was TOTALLY CPS material.

So yeah...I'm gonna win this "Mother of the Year" contest. Hands down.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Uh...did I ever tell you about the first time I ever got drunk? yeah, I was about 2, 2 and a half? And my parents pretty much laughed their asses off and took pictures of me rocking back and forth and singing in a big stone bowl they had in the sunroom?

MY mom is mother of the year, ca. 1971....

word verification is: oicttyy...Oh I see Titty, yeah yeah!

Badger said...

I don't know, man. I am blinded by the cuteness!

And at least you wimmins have good taste in vodka.

(I did tell you that my girl child started school this year with a black eye AND a fat lip, right? Picture day is Friday so cross your fingers that she remains unmaimed until then.)

Me said...

I think the vodka box picture is submission-worthy. Too bad she hadn't dumped out some flour or something, to give the appearance of coke. Now THAT would be a picture!

Anonymous said...

You are mother of the year, dammit. And I, too, have a pantyhose drawer and I haven't worn the damn things in 7 or 8 years. What gives?

She gets cuter by the day and I didn't think that was possible. So good to see you back, babydoll.