Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Vroom...vroom!

As Malcontent Mama said, Sunday she hosted the best birthday party ever for her oldest and youngest chirrens. (The oldest is actually her husband. I keed! I keed!) It was at every guy's/kid's dream: a race track next to the airport. I'm sad to say that the females were not represented in the racing posse (it was ALL guys), but we had baby wrangling to tend to and beer to drink, so there you go.

Okay, here they are. All suited up and ready to race. This is serious stuff, people. I mean they had to take like a half hour lesson and shit.


And here are the throngs of fans in the stands, captivated by the thrilling, speedy action on the track.After the race, the racers congratulate each other on a good run as the adrenaline pulses through their veins.

After the race, we all retired to the "lounge" because, you know, there was cake. And beer.

The littlest birthday boy likes cake.


And the bigger birthday boy likes the littler one just fine. Happy Birthday, you two!!

3 comments:

Karla said...

OK, I am LOVING that in the picture of the parents everyone looks a bit slackerish and pretty much just like they did in college except with longer hair for the men and shorter for the women.....what a hip crowd! I LOVE Bookhart's hair!

Anonymous said...

Hey folks!

Daddy-O just wants to say that none of the women in the group VOLUNTEERED to drive. I sent this to a few friends and they thought I was a sexist knucklehead. Which I guess I am but after all, none of the women in the group volunteered to drive!!!! ")
Thanks Marla for the post!

Karla May said...

Oh no! The women could've driven if they'd wanted to, but we were all to busy pounding brewskis. I TOTALLY want to go back out there and haul ass around that track. I just thought it was funny the way it worked out--guys only.