Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fierce.

Tyra Banks makes me wanna punch a bitch. In the throat. But I will hand it to her in 2 respects:
Girlfriend is curvy, which makes the rest of us with T and A feel okay about life.

and

She popularized the term "fierce' when describing a certain type of beautiful. A beautiful that is totally your own. Commanded by you.

Yesterday I went and spent $100+ that I do NOT have on my hair. I know it's superficial as hell, but fuck it: I was in the godforsaken hostpital for nearly a month, and my hair hasn't been tended to since mid-August. So I deserve it.

And I did something radical.

I cut it all off. And dyed it dark cranberry.

Witness: Fierce, Karla May style (i.e., I have on no make-up and I'm wearing my pajamas).

I know I will never EVER be able to replicate this look (Hell, I haven't put a blow dryer to my own hair in about 4 years), but still...

This was TOTALLY worth $100+ bucks.

8 comments:

Me said...

WOW!!!!! You look AWESOME, sistahgirlfren!

Yes, you totally deserve it. One must take care of oneself.

You go, girl!

Badger said...

Dude! I love it! The cut and color are BOTH amazing. It's so you.

Goddamn, I pay $50 every six weeks for my hair to look not even half that good.

Karla said...

Woof. I am buying you a "fierce" drink when I see you, to celebrate. And also, becase you won't be able to afford a drink after all that money you spent on the hair!

La Turista said...

I've always liked that kind of cut on you. If only my freakin' Ted Nugent hair would straighten out that nicely ...

Jaye Joseph said...

Dayammmmmmnnnnnnnn. You are fierce! Seriously, that's so hot. I'll give you my flat iron if you want it.

Bookhart said...

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. You are fierce, girlfriend.

Mommygoth said...

OMG - that looks effing fantastic!

Bonnie said...

That color is freakin' AWESOME! The style is gorgeous too, but I'm just in love with the color.