Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Weird work.

I have a fun, stressful, wonderful job. It's sort of hard to explain what it is I do, so I'm not going to bore you with trying to do so. But I will say that I've worked at this company for nearly 7 1/2 years, but I've never had as bizarre and fun a day at work as I had yesterday.

I spent yesterday afternoon in a recording studio, recording a jingle that I wrote for an online class we're producing. It's a long story to get you to how this whole thing came to be, but what it boils down to is that we're a small team with a lot of creativity and a very tiny budget. We couldn't afford to hire "real" people to do this for us, so we just did it ourselves. And can I just say that it turned out just like we'd hoped? Because it did. I really think I may have a second career brewing, because this jingle-writing shit? Easy as pie.

Then today I literally had back-to-back scheduled meetings, etc. starting at 9:30 and ending at 3:30. What the hell? I mean, today freakin' flew by. And tomorrow I have nothing scheduled (but shitloads to do). You see, I'm taking Friday off to have a spa day!!! That's right: I'm finally getting to use the gift certificate I got LAST MOTHER'S DAY, and I'm going to have an hour-and-a-half hot stone massage, this hour long avocado body moisturizing mask thing that includes a scalp moisturizing treatment and massage, and a spa pedicure. After that, La Turista and I are going to a movie. And then I'm going home to a toddler-free environment because my mom is taking The Geej for the night. Hallelujah. I need a break, people.

Let's see...what else...

I gave up fried food for Lent (not because I'm religious, just because I wanted to see if I could do it), and so far, so good. I have, however, fallen off the wagon with chewing gum. I'm not chewing it as frequently as I used to, but I am chewing it. The minute I start to feel all TMJ-ey again, I'll stop. I swear.

Oh, and I have a new online obsession: www.zillow.com Don't go there unless you've got HOURS to kill.

You've been warned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're right. the site is dangerous.

so is the jingle available for public hearing?

Bookhart said...

Enjoy the spa day! And you're right about Zillow.