Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Pine Curtain, Here I Come!

That's right, my little monkeys. Dah, The Geej and I are packing up the Nissan and heading to Longview tomorrow. There I will be rendezvousing with Mr. Wonderful, his two boys and a whole other assortment of family members--his and mine. Wow. I haven't been up there since May 2005, and it will be the first time I've been since Mom's moved. I mean, I'm going to be going "home" but don't have a home to go to. Weird, weird stuff.

At any rate, I've got a gazillion things to do before I'm ready to hit the road. But I'm packing the camera, and I'm sure I'll have lots of stories to tell upon my return. Check with me on Sunday evening.

But before I go, I have to comment on something:
Last night, I got in bed and decided to channel surf for a few minutes. When I landed on each of the "news" channels (MSNBC, CNN, FauxNews, etc.) each and every one of them were featuring Anna Nicole Smith coverage. This simple fact is nauseating enough but out of all of them, Nancy Grace was the most putrid. I swear that she was practically having multiple orgasms over all of the tragedy and scandal. I didn't even know who Nancy Grace was when I first saw Amy Poehler do a dead on (if not funny) impersonation of her on SNL. But now that I've seen this bitch? Amy P. was MUCH too kind in her portrayal. What a whacked out waste of genetic material this woman is. How the FUCK did she get her own show? Who watches this crazy crisis junkie? I really, really, REALLY want to punch her in the mouth anywhere that might require that she get her jaw wired shut for, oh I don't know, a few years. What if she were your mother?! Gawd.

Okay. I feel better now that I've gotten that off of my chest.

I'll check back with you after my Pine Curtain adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon Stewart talked about it the other night -- the entire news world has definitely gone to the dark side.

And they're not even interesting, or wearing great headgear, like Darth.a

Me said...

Nancy Grace is a vile human being. I don't watch her, but happened to see it one evening while the daughter and I were out for our regular Thai dinner (it was on the tv in the restaurant). It was the day that Yankees player (Corey Lidle) crashed his plane into that building, and the headline that was under her and the other talking heads was something like "Yankee Crashes Plane!" I don't remember the exact wording, just that she had punctuated with an exclamation point. Totally inappropriate. Happened to catch a glimpse some other time, I don't remember when, and there was the fucking exclamation point again. It's like she's excited about other people's misery. I think she has a background in law or something, but I don't remember much more. All I do know is that she needs to get the fuck off the tv. Have a nice time behind the Pine Curtain. The boyfriend and I are going gambling and Dom Perignon sipping this weekend. Let's hope I win some fucking money.