Sunday, February 25, 2007

Some random shizz.

I'm watching The Oscars right now. I'm not sure why, really. I mean, I think I've seen one of the movies that's nominated for stuff (Dreamgirls). Back in the day, I would've seen at least 80% of these films. Now I'm lucky if I see 5 movies at the theater in any given year. One thing I have noticed tonight is that there are a LOT of women on this show in neutral colored dresses. And there's the whole long hair over one shoulder thing. Other things I've realized:

  • That segment/montage that the did about the foriegn language films that have won the Oscar in the past made me realize that there are a LOT of foriegn films I need to see.
  • Why is Jack Nicholson totally bald?
  • I'm still hot for Robert Downey, Jr.
  • That "look who died this year" montage that they always do always makes me teary-eyed AND it always makes me go, "Really? I didn't know he/she was dead!" This year's surprise: Jack Ward.
  • Mark Wahlberg is a hottie, despite the Boston accent.
  • George Clooney really is one of the best looking men I've ever seen.
  • Reese Whitherspoon looks better than she ever has. She makes me want to get bangs cut.
  • I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio, but I'm kind of a fan now.
  • Forest Whitaker (who is from LONGVIEW, I might add) TOTALLY deserved best actor. I haven't seen The Last King of Scotland, but he was amazing in "Ghost Dog, Way of the Samurai," which is a great movie. Plus his acceptance speech was beautiful and heartfelt.
  • I've heard enough good things about The Departed (and Scorsese just won best director), that I should probably see it. And man, he's short.
  • Diane Keeton looks fucking amazing. As does Helen Miren. I need to figure out how to look like that when I'm their age.
Okay, it's freakin' 11:15. The Departed just won Best Picture. I'm tired. I swear I'm going to write more this week. I've just been swamped.

3 comments:

hotpinksox said...

Just wanted to ditto a few of your points.

-Robert Downey Jr. is and will always be hot.
-I want bangs too!
-Forest Whitaker might be the most humble man in Hollywood. Which is so refreshing.
-And I have a girl crush on Diane Keeton.

Anonymous said...

I am you. Or you are me. Or something.

Yummy yummy on RD Jr., MW, and George.

And all I can say about Jack Nicholson is: WHATHEFUCK?

Bookhart said...

I'm going to go with:

Marky Wahlberg is a hottie BECAUSE of the Boston accent.