Monday, June 12, 2006

Can't think of witty title. Too sick.

Hello everyone. I'm sick as a flippin' dawg. Started feeling the dreaded "tickle in my throat" yesterday evening, and by about midnight, I had 102 fever, and was hating life. I tossed and turned all night (despite the NyQuil--I KNOW!! That shit usually knocks me out too!), and called my mom at 7am saying, "I need help." Managed to get up and get The Geej ready for school (she's had a bit of a dry cough for the past couple of days, but nothing like what I've now got, so I barely touched her this morning for fear of passing this along), took her, went to Walgreen's and loaded up on the entire cold/flu department, then came back home and crawled in the bed. Mom came into town and picked up the baby from school and took her to her house. I just didn't want her around me for fear that she'd come down with whatever this is. Also, I'm pretty miserable, so I don't even think I could really take care of her.

It' now 6:10pm, and this is the first time I've been out of bed (except to pee) all day. I haven't had a bite to eat, and very little to drink. I'm coughing, aching, feverish, and have the most banging headache you can imagine. Like red wine hangover bad. Kill. Me. Now.

On MUCH happier news, I've just spent a wonderful weekend with Mr. Wonderful and--gulp--almost his entire family. We were at brand spankin' new Hyatt Lost Pines resort with his mother, brother and sister-in-law and their two kids, and his two boys, ages 11 and 6. I gotta say, I was nervous as Hell about this whole thing. I mean, I was not only hoping the kids would like me, but the mom and brother et. al. too. I was a basket case, but it all went very smoothly. I really, really enjoyed them. They were fun, funny, and easy to be around. I hope they liked me at least half as much as I liked them.

Saturday afternoon, I went out there and took The Geej. We hung out by the pool and got to meet/know everybody. The Geej was in a very goofy mood, and managed to charm everyone. We all went to a very long dinner in one of the hotel's restaurants (they're definitely still working out the kinks out there...they've only been open for about a week), and then she and I headed home.

Sunday, we woke up and went out to my mom's house. We had a late breakfast, and then I left The Geej there and headed back out to the resort. You see, I'd rented a room out there for Sunday night because I wanted to be able to spend more time with the entire family to get to know them all better, and that's more easily done without The Geej in tow. Oh, and also, I'd told Mr. Wonderful before his trip that I thought I'd go insane if we didn't get some quality alone time, so I rented a room out there so that I'd have a place to jump on him in private. I'd booked my room online, and asked for a "non-smoking King" and when they asked for "Any special preferences?" I clicked the "Honeymoon Couple" box just for the hell of it (which may have sent their computers haywire since I also put that there was "1 adult" staying in the room). Well, I'm not sure if that's what did it, but Karla May ended up in one PIMPED OUT suite, folks. I mean, it wasn't a regular room at all. It was two great big rooms, with two separate patios, and two flat screen t.v.s and the most comfortable hotel bed I think I've ever slept in. Let me tell you: Shit like this never happens to me. I never get upgraded. I never win prizes. It's just not my thing. So for me to get this sweet ass room for the price of a regular room was quite a little treat. Too bad I was only there for one night because I didn't really get to make the most of havin' Dom Perignon parties with my bitches and whatnot. So Sunday, we hung out by the pool most of the afternoon, then loaded the whole crew in Mr. Wonderful's brother's Big Huge SUV and head into Austin for Mexican food. On our way back out to the resort, the most AMAZING big, orange moon was rising low in the east. We watched it the whole way. It was spectacular. When we got back to the hotel, Mr. Wonderful came down to my room, and we sat out on my patio, watching the moon rise over the trees, enjoying the breeze and a bottle of wine. It was pretty damn perfect.

Yesterday, I'd taken off of work, so after I got checked out of my room (bye bye suite! Whaaaaaaah!), we all headed into town again, and spent a lazy afternoon lounging and swimming at Barton Springs. Again, pretty damn perfect.

Oh, by the way: When did Barton Springs become "clothing optional"? I'm just wondering since this group of gals lying near our group were topless (much to the delight of the male members of our group, I'm sure).

Mr. Wonderful and his crew were relocating to a hotel in Austin this evening before taking off tomorrow, so I fully intended on seeing them again at dinner or something, but then...THE SICKNESS. I only pray that I haven't already passed whatever this is along to him and his entire family. What an impression THAT would leave. But the bottom line is, we didn't get to say a real goodbye, because when I left him yesterday, I thought I'd be seeing him again tonight. And now, I don't know when I'll be seeing him again. Sigh.

Sick, sad and lonely. I am really, really pitiful.


Bookhart said...

Sorry you are sick. But it sounds like a wonderful weekend. Aren't hotel rooms a special treat?

amamgets said...

Okay, that's a booger. Good thing for us that your literary skills don't desert you when you're sick.

Mr. Wonderful sounds quite yummy.

La Turista said...

I was thinking maybe you went back to Colorado with yo man! I'm glad you had fun. And sorry about the sickness. Just stay the hell away from me.

Badger said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon! Bet it's mono. (Hee! Kidding!)

Daisy said...

What a fabulous weekend...up until the sickness. I hope you've kept it all to yourself and recover PDQ!