Saturday, August 13, 2005

Worth a million freakin' bucks.

I swear, a good night's sleep is one of the most wonderful, precious things in the world. I went to sleep at 10:50 last night after reading--READING! Something else I rarely get to do these days--and slept blissfully uninterrupted until nature called at 5:20. And then, knowing that the baby monitor was turned off, I was able to drift right back off to sleep...until 8:30!! Magical. I am a new person today. Yesterday I had literally hit a wall of exhaustion and crankiness that was pretty horrifying. My first full week back at work + The Geej + this high blood pressure medicine I've just started taking that makes you super sleepy (not for my blood pressure, but because its side effects help with the hot flashes/night sweats) + the general psychosis that accompanies menopause = one helluva bitch. One night's good sleep made it all better. God bless my mom...

Tonight I'm going to a wedding. A ton of my friends are going to be there, and I'm really looking forward to it because I know the reception is going to be a blast. Plus, I have a reason to get dressed up--something that doesn't come along very often these days. Should be fun. Maybe I'll even have photos of the debauchery. Tune in tomorrow, kittty cats. We shall see...

No comments: