Wednesday, August 17, 2005

$31.30

That is the amount I have in my checking account right now. For real. I just balanced my checkbook (if you can call it that), and the sad reality of just how strapped I am slapped me in the face. I haven't gotten a real paycheck since early April. I did get some measly short-term disability checks for a couple of weeks after my surgery, but they were spent before they even landed in my mailbox. And now, The Geej and I are down to stems and seeds, so to speak.

Oh wait! In my wallet right now I have $33 and some change. So technically, I have over $60 bucks. Break out the Dom, boy-ee!!

I get my first paycheck since going back to work the day after tomorrow. However, I've already been told that I'm going to have a massive one-time chunk taken out of it to account for all of the arrears deductions that I wasn't paying when I was on leave (insurance premiums, 401(k) deductions, health care reimbursement account, etc.). So this check won't be anything to jump up and down about. They never are, really.

So if you see me wandering the streets in my ugly ass pajamas, asking for a handout, please be kind.

No comments: