Saturday, July 15, 2006

3 random photos

Random photo #1:

Taken Thursday morning. I'd just gotten The Geej dressed for school, and she looked so fuhdorable (new slang I'm trying to popularize that means "fucking adorable") that I had to take a picture. Okay, is it just me, or does she look like 14 in this picture?! Wow. There are some photos of her that I take where I can totally see into the future. This is one of them. She's such a stunner, and it's totally okay for me to say that because I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Random photo #2:

This is one of my favorite pictures of my mom. It was unearthed from a box full of flood-damaged photos that we discovered after my grandmother died. There are a bunch of great snapshots from this particular day. The other little baby is my mom's cousin Butch. Yes, that was his given name. Anyway, they were apparently running around in their diapers and getting into all sorts of mischief. Eventually, they both got a bath in a washtub up on that porch. I know this, because there are some amazing snapshots of them going nuts with the water.

I had a similar one of me, about age 3, sitting on the front porch sporting a badass macrame vest that my hippie aunt had made for me. I'm tilting a can of Budweiser up to the sky, having a big ol' swig, and you can see my mom's hand reaching for it. I don't know what happened to that photo, but how great would it be to have both this one and that one side-by-side in a frame.

Random photo #3:

'Member the other day when I wrote about my new glasses? Well, here I am with them on.

Go ahead. Ask me any kind of brainy question. I'm sure I can answer it as long as I'm wearing these specs.

7 comments:

Karla said...

You look HOT.

And smart.

But mostly HOT.

Jaye Joseph said...

You look so hip! And so Hot.

Mommygoth said...

Those look fabulous on you!

Sinda said...

they are LOVELY

Bookhart said...

The glasses RULE. And you're right--the Geej looks like she's about ready for her walk-on in the high school performance of Grease.

Rain said...

cool specs. just dropping by to find out the meaning of a pine curtain.

ancient clown said...

Do you think I could get a pair?...maybe people would take me seriously if I was a clown with glasses...maybe then they wouldn't think they already know everything I've learned...maybe then they would LISTEN.
Nah...that's a lot to ask of a pair of glasses.
Nevermind...they look better on you anyway.
your humble servant,
Ancient Clown