Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Is this an okay song to sing to a toddler during bathtime?

(Sung to the tune of "Mama's Gonna Buy You a Mockingbird.")

Lift your head way up to the sky,
That way you don't get soap in your eyes.
If you choose to just look down,
chances are you're gonna drown.

Seriously baby, why you gotta fuss?
Cuz it's no fun for either of us.
Just shut your eyes, it's not hard work.
Please stop being such a jerk.

I don't know. I think it's pretty awesome. Maybe I have a humungous future in children's song writing. I'm thinking of seeing if the Biscuit Brothers or Sara Hickman are interested.

3 comments:

Badger said...

Ha! You should totally do an album.

We used to tell the boy "look up at the sky and it won't get in your eye" and he still says it when he washes his OWN hair.

Mommygoth said...

Well, while Miss K brushes her teeth I sing the following, to the tune of "Elmo's World"

"We brush them, we brush them all"
"So they don't go and fall out"

So, I feel ill equipped to judge you.

Bookhart said...

That is awesome! Write more--it may be your future.