Sunday, July 02, 2006

Overhang.

You know how when you're feeling particularly puffy or bloated or maybe like you've allowed yourself to gain that damn extra 5 pounds and you put on your favorite pair of jeans and all of the sudden, there's like "overhang"? And you look in the mirror, and you're like, "Oh shit. It's salads. All week. Every meal." And you mean it because really, overhang is not a good thing.

Well, sometimes it IS a good thing.

Take Earl, for instance.

He decided to perch his (substantial) ass up on my bathroom counter while I was getting ready the other day. He was lying there, between the sink and the edge of the counter top, purring profusely and looking generally edible. But then I noticed The Overhang:
And, because I'm a dork, I thought to myself: "What is that? Like a quarter of him? Maybe one-third?" So then I decided to look at it from a different angle.


One-third. Definitely.

Welcome to your future, Bookhart.

4 comments:

Me said...

Ahhhh, the good ole "dunlap disease."

My gut just hasn't been the same since my emergency c-section and then a hysterectomy almost two years later.

My empathy goes to Earl.

Mommygoth said...

That is a great cat. I want to bury my hands in that big cat belly. Has there ever been an orange cat that wasn't great? If so, he/she slipped by me. They're my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I saw so many of these muffin tops in Disney world, only they were on men and sadly just as hairy and white.

Karla May said...

No, Mommygoth. There ain't nothin' better than a big, orange boy cat. When I first adopted Earl and took him to the vet, the doctor and vet techs ALL were like, "Ahh...now you know the secret of the orange cat. They're the best." I had no idea about the Cult of the Orange Cat, but it exists. Big time.