Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Freakin' me out.

So here's the dream I had last night:

I'm in a big, cavernous restaurant, and as part of the entertainment therein, they had one of those rides that you see at carnivals and stuff that looks like a big pirate ship, and you get in it and it goes back and forth to ever-increasing heights. But this ride is sort of miniaturized so that only two people can sit on each side, but it still goes WAY high during its back and forthing. I find myself in this ride, seated across from the husband of the woman my dad cheated on my mom with. His name is Big Tom (because of course they had a son named, you guessed it, Little Tom). Big Tom always reminded me of and extreeeeeeeeemly countri-fied version of Abe Vigoda, but with more hair (if you can imagine that). So there he is sitting across from me, wearing deep red lipstick and a white "Fantasy Island" type suit, enjoying the hell out of this ride we're on.

And there were a few random people from my highschool watching in the wings, hooting and hollering for us as we rode this stupid ride.

At the end of the ride, while it's still going, these doors open up, and we're flung out on to some gymnastics mats. And I'm cringing because I'm sure that Big Tom, at his age, is bound to break a hip. But no, he gets up and bounds out of the restaurant, waving his goodbyes over his shoulder.

Um...

What the fuck?

1 comment:

Mommygoth said...

No more nachos before bedtime.