Monday, July 31, 2006

Well, shit.

I've been trying since Sunday evening to post photos from The Geej's small but fun b-day bash. (That's right folks: I'm officially the mother of a two year old. Yikes.) But Blogger won't let me. Seems to be a common occurrence these days with blogger.com. I know it's free and all, but really--get yer shit together blogger!

Speaking of The Geej, that lucky girl got to enjoy a very special and enthusiastic performance of all of the Olivia Newton-John numbers from the Xanadu soundtrack tonight while she was eating her dinner. I love having a captive audience. And by "captive," I mean literally, as she was freakin' strapped in her Kinderzeat and could not escape my dinnertime musical theatre. I'm sure she'll pay me back when she's a teenager by huffing gas or something, but for now, it's fun to sing my brains out for her and watch her smile and bop along.

Let's see...Guess what I figured out yesterday while sitting at the midtown offices of the Austin Radiological Association: that barium "pudding" stuff they make you eat before you have a CT scan is really exactly like eating a big ol' thing of Noxema. For reals. It's the same consistency exactly. As soon as I locked on to that fact in my little pea brain, I had to do all I humanly could not to hurl. I sat there for 20 minutes with the trash can between my knees, concentrating HARD on not vomiting. I mean, bend-a-spoon-with-your-mind hard. Eventually the tsunamis of nausea passed. But now that I've figured the Noxema thing out, I don't think I'll ever be able to ingest that stuff again.

The company I work for had it's Q3 earnings release yesterday, and although our numbers were good, we missed analysts' expectations by about 5 cents, and our stock took a fucking nosedive from hell today as a result. Sad, sad stuff ladies and germs.

I'm beat. Wish I were more inspired to write something, but I just ain't feelin' that disco beat.

6 comments:

Me said...

The Xanadu soundtrack kicks fucking ass!!!

And I totally get the barf factor on the "pudding." I had a kindey stone 3 years ago and had to "cleanse myself" with castor oil before they did the special x-rays and shit. Why they had to have me clean out a different system is beyond me, and it really sucked. They said I could chase the castor oil with root beer, which I did, but still barely refrained from horking it back up. Had to do this several times every two hours. Nevernevernever again.

Have a great day!
Eileen :)

Karla said...

I read just today about the stock falling. Well, it will come back.

And as for the Noxema thing....at least you feel all clean on the inside?

Dude, I totally want to wash my face with Noxzema now. Seriously.And it is not available here...surprise surprise.

Nap Queen said...

Looks like you and I are keeping the old radiology company in business. I got probed today. And I think you know what I mean. Thanks for your comments about endometroisis. My doctor mentioned that as a cause, too. I guess I have to wait and see what the ultrasound reveals.

Mommygoth said...

Laughing my tail off at the thought of you dancing away. Hi-larious. D and I have done a number of interpretive dances to keep Miss K from melting down, but Xanadu? Never occurred to us. must. try. this. at. home.

Kelly R. said...

ELO and Olivia Newton-John RULE! Girl, when I was little, I tied me some scarfs on my person and skated down the neighborhood street full of boys, all flowy and dreamy to the Xanadu theme song in my head and then...I wiped out...hard. But I still love Xanadu.

Bookhart said...

Xanadu and barium pudding--has anyone in the history of humankind ever put those 2 subject together?

I can't get Blogger to post pictures either. Fuckers.