Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Skank Who Dares Not Speak Its Name and other stuff

And so I dare to ask--When did this become "pretty"?
I mean, God knows, I'm no fashionista. And yes, I'd love to be able wear some of the size 4, $2,000 frocks she goes out in on a daily basis. But really: what is it about this woman that is so compelling? Will someone enlighten me? Does she have some gifts or talents or otherwise noteworthy characteristics beyond being blonde, skinny, and rich? Is this the woman that 12 year old girls are aspiring to be? Her very existence makes me shudder. Remember when we were 13/14 and the "Like a Virgin" era Madonna was considered the fall of all womankind? I'm now thinking that she was just a horseman for this apocalypse.

Also, you know what annoys the fuck out of me? Shop spelled "shoppe." Old spelled "Olde" and anything that should be spelled with a "C" being spelled with a "K," e.g. "Krazy," "Kountry," or "Kupboard." That shit just drives me nuts.

What was up with that wicked wind blowing today? My lord! I felt like an extra from the original Broadway cast of "Oklahoma." It was bizarre. But at least it feels like fall again now. I mean, at least for now. I'm sure it'll be back up in the 90s before too long.

I had a dream last night that I was seated in my house on Woodhollow back in Longview (haven't lived there since 1984, by the way) enjoying an enormous helping of pork chops (which I haven't eaten since 1994, by the way). God, they were good. All day today I was thinking about eating pork. Which I will never (knowingly) do. Ever again. But damn if I wasn't thinking about it...

I don't know if ya'll know this, but next week is Thanksgiving. Um. WHAT?! Where did this year go. This time last year, I'd just closed on my house and was in the throws of preparing to move. Damn. I'm a bit bewildered by it all.

Can I tell you how excited I am about Friday night? I'm going to be hanging with the Texpatriate, Bookhart, La Turista, Mama Malcontent, Mrs. Fantasy, Badger, Secretly Evil, Amamgets, (possibly) The Jellomonster Strikes! [see links to the right], and a colorful cast of other lay-deez as we drink and bond ourselves into oblivion. Watch the fuck out Austin, is all I have to say. When a coven like this gets together, strange and wonderful things are liable to happen...

3 comments:

Badger said...

I am SO EXCITED about Friday that I could pee. Of course, it doesn't take much to make me pee these days.

That wind? SUCKED. Or, er, BLEW. In a SUCKY WAY.

I can still use the word "crappe" though, right? Because "crappe" is totally different from "crap". I will explain it to you on Friday. It'll make more sense if we're both drunk.

Me said...

I can't make it after all, WAAAAAA!

But it's for a good reason. My hair goddess was able to work me in this Saturday at 10:45 a.m. She's so hard to get an appointment with this time of year. And God knows my hair needs some fixin' up.

I mean, I COULD join y'all, but driving back to Houston at the ass-crack of dawn, hung over, is not an appealing thing.

But there will be another time! I just know it!

Karla said...

Paris Hilton has RUINED the name of a perfectly good city and hotel chain.

And, am I the ONLY one who thinks her nose is like, icky big? God I can't stand her. Totally cannot stand her. When did being famous for doing nothing become cool? And now she's a SINGER?