Saturday, November 04, 2006

Day 3 post of shame.

Well, I guess I'm out of the running for any NoBloPoMo prizes. Damnit. See, yesterday was a little nuts, and try as I may going back over it in my mind, I can't find a time when I could've posted:

  • Woke at 6:15
  • Got The Geej ready for school; made her lunch; got myself ready; picked up after her morning messes
  • Took the Geej to school
  • Came back to the house for about 40 minutes to vacuum, take out the trash, and dump the diaper genie
  • Got back in the car and went to the airport to pick up Mr. Wonderful (his flight arrived at 10am)
  • M.W. and I went to breakfast and stuffed ourselves silly on migas and homefries
  • Came back to my house; Packed the Geej's bag for the weekend
  • Needed a nap (M.W. had woken up at 3am to catch his flight; me? I'm always tired); Took nap
  • Woken up at 3pm by my cellphone ringing (it was my mom, of course)
  • Roused our groggy asses and went and got The Geej at school
  • Fought traffic heading out to HWY 71 and westward to meet my mom at the halfway point to her house (apparently, on top of the already horrendous "I gotta get this Excursion out to Steiner Ranch/Lakeway" traffic that happens in the 71/2244/620 area on any given afternoon, there was a show at the Backyard AND it's the beginning of deer season, so lots of hunters heading west; You should've seen it--backed up from 620 to Southwest Pkwy.)
  • Got back to town and squeaked in reservations for dinner at one my favorite places
  • Watched the hilariously distrubing "Hand Banana" episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force
  • Got dressed up; went to dinner
  • After dinner, went and met some of my friends at Donn's Depot for the unofficial, but official "Let's Meet Mr. Wonderful" gathering
  • Had several vodka tonics and lots of good conversation
  • Got sleepy and cold (we were sitting outside, which now that I think about it, is pretty stupid since all of the REAL Donn's action goes on INside, but anyway)
  • Went home

So other than maybe not watching that 15 minutes of t.v., I can't see a timeslot when I could've fit in a post. I suck. Day 3, and I'm already out of the running.

It's kind of like the time I tried to give up cussing for Lent, and I only lasted an afternoon. I should know myself better.

2 comments:

Me said...

I loves me some naps and vodka tonics. And Diaper Genies.

(Not necessarily in that order, especially since I am through wiping other people's asses.)

Not being Christian but working at an Episcopal church, I too tried giving up cussing for Lent one year. What the FUCK was I thinking????

Hope your Wonderful weekend is just that. :)

Eileen, who is getting ready for Date Number Two!

La Turista said...

What - you can't type in your sleep?