Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bed Head.

When I was five, I had long, blonde hair. My mom would tell me to go to the bathroom and brush it. It was always a rat's nest, and I'd go through a bottle of "No More Tangles" every month. Anyway, I'd go to the bathroom and brush the front and sides, but never the back. My mom would get so frustruated with me.

Her: Why didn't you brush your hair like I asked you?
Me: I did!
Her: No, the back of it is a mess.
Me: I know! I couldn't get the brush to go through it.
Her solution? She cut all my hair off. Well, actually, she took me to the BARBER shop up the street where my dad went, and had them cut it off. I think I was the first little girl who'd ever walked through the door of this place. Naturally, they gave me a chili bowl haircut. It was devastating. I made sure to wear a dress to school every day during the first week of first grade so that people would know I was a girl.
And now, this is what awaits me most every morning:


And another view:

Hey, at least she comes by it honestly...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this photo a little gift for us?

Anonymous said...

when I was in kindergarden I always had TERRIBLE tangles. My mom got so ultimately frustrated that she cut all my hair off. Unfortunately, two days after this little adventure was picture day. I still have photographic proof of my mom's one crazy time - and of my chopped off hair. Nice...

Karla said...

like mother like daughter....