Monday, January 09, 2006

Thursday and Saturday, September 15 & 17, 1983

[Modern-day commentary in blue.]

THURSDAY
Well, tonight was our first game to march at. [I played French horn. I was an uber band goob.] I guess we did alright. I don't know why, but I really want our band to be good. It's important to me. [See?! I told you!!] After the 9th grade games, I stayed after and worked at the concession stand until about 9:30 for the J.V. game.
I'm really getting nervous about tomorrow night. I never feel right about sneaking around behind Mom's back. I'l probably go through with it anyway. [Hmmm...what did Karla May have up her sleeve?] I think I might be starting to like Scott Taylor, but I'm not really sure.

SATURDAY
Last night was really a romp!! [Yes, that's actually what I wrote. God, I was a fucking dork!!] At about 6:30, I got mom's car and went and got Traci Bridges, we went riding around for about 1 hour and then we went & picked up Lisa, Tammie and Kim at Lisa's. [So THAT'S what I had up my sleeve! This was the first of many times I snuck the car out. In fact, I was so damn sneaky, I'd managed to get my own set of keys made. Mom never knew.] Went everywhere. Dropped Lisa's group off at Showbiz [Pizza, a Chuck E. Cheese knock off we all used to hang out at and around] at 9:30. Went and got gas. Came home at about 10:30. Mom called from Shreveport at about 11:30, so we went back out until 12:15. Didn't get caught. WHEW!!

1 comment:

Bookhart said...

I burned--that's right--burned my jr. high diary a few years back. It was just too, too depressing.

Pod did the band geek thing. I was a drama nerd. (And also out back smoking cigarettes).