Monday, January 16, 2006

My weird friend Mike.

In junior high and high school, I was friends--just friends--with this guy, Mike M. who was a grade ahead of me. We wrote notes back and forth, but that was pretty much it as I recall. I have a bunch of notes from him in my Notebook from the Gods. Here's a pretty typical one:

Karla May,
You are lucky I am writing you. I am reviewing in English. The bell is gonna ring in 10 minutes. I am freaking out and going crazy. I swear. I need to find a mental institution. I love you with all my heart. Let's elope tomorrow. Let's go to the show, or you don't have to if you want to go with JASON or some other dude. I will be mad though. I have to go.

--Mike

P.S. Let's fuck
P.S.S. I'm just kidding, SILLY.

There are SO many more notes from this guy that are waaaaaaaaaay weirder. But what if my mom had found this one...with the "let's fuck"? Yikes.

1 comment:

Bookhart said...

Somewhere in my friend Gatling Gun's attic is what is known as "the note notebook." Every year at the end of school we would clean out our lockers, folders, etc. and pass all of the notes we passed between ourselves along to her. She was our archivist, as it were. The last time I saw the note notebook was about 15 years ago. It may be time to revisit.