Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hair Crisis Narrowly Averted.

I've been going to the same hairstylist for about 5 years now. He's one of the only straight male hairstylists on the planet and he does a pretty good job for reasonable prices. He's located conveniently near my workplace, and has always been easy to schedule with because he has an online scheduling system where you go in, pick your service, choose your date/time, and voila--it's done. You even get an e-mail reminder about your appointment the day prior. Sounds good, right? Well, not so much. In the 5 years I've been going to him, he's called me last minute to cancel/reschedule at least 8 times. Every other time, I've been flexible and rescheduled. He usually would knock $10 to $15 off the service to make up for the inconvenience. But today was the last fucking straw.

I had an appointment for 3:30 for a cut and color. It was important that I get this taken care of today because my hair was looking SUPER ratty, and I have company coming in tomorrow and a big ass party I'm throwing on Saturday. Asshole calls me at 1:30 to say he needs to cancel because his attorney had just called him and he needed to appear in court this afternoon--a command performance to deal with his (2nd!) DUI. Asks me if I can reschedule for tomorrow afternoon, same time. Um NO fuckface, I can't. That's why I scheduled for toDAY. GRRRRRR. He's all apologetic and shit, says he'll do the color for free blah blah blah. Hey, dickweed, guess what. You're not getting to do my color for free or ever again for that matter. You suck, and I'm done.

I immediately started scrambling, asking every chick I know at my office for names/salons I should call. On my third try, I got lucky. They worked me in at Anne Kelso, and I am now the proud owner of a bitchin' assymetrical, garnet-colored bob. It's ruling.

So, screw you Elliott Franklin. We're officially broken up.

No comments: