Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Best Birthday Gift Ever.

My friends are wonderful.

Even though I put "NO GIFTS!" on the e-vite to my party, I was still regaled with CDs, flowers, bottles and bottles of reeeeeeeeeeally good wine and champagne, a Crate & Barrel gift card, Lowe's gift cards, card cards, a gourmet cupcake, a computer game and other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. All of these things are wonderful, appreciated and make me feel very loved.

But yesterday I got to the office, and a work buddy of mine gave me this:
The first page I randomly turned to said "Wisdom of Ralph" and had the quote, "If rice wriggles, then it isn't rice." I fell to my knees laughing, and soon had laugh/cried all of my mascara off. Everything I read in this book I hear in my head in Ralph's voice, and it makes me grin from ear-to-ear. I love him. My main complaint about "The Simpsons" has always been that there's never enough Ralph. My wishes have come true with this book.

By the way, a couple of the things Ralph wants to be when he grows up: A traffic cone; Mario Brothers; the Secretary of Gnomeland Security.

2 comments:

Jules said...

My cat's breath smells like catfood..... I actually overheard you say that you wished Ralph was your very own this weekend! Awesome gift!

amamgets said...

I love Ralph.

I haven't checked in a couple of days, and so had to catch up, and you are an awesome mom. I'm damned impressed that she'll eat guacamole.

My word verification is "ewtxf" which is short for "You Tex-Fart!"