Monday, December 19, 2005

All I want for Christmas is my potty.

Remember how I was so excited about my new tile and my new toilet in my new master bath? Well, I'm over it. Seems when they removed the old toilet designed for tiny people, the flange broke. What's a flange, you ask? THAT is a flange, and as best I can gather, it's this part that attaches the toilet to the sewage pipe or some such shit (pun intended). It's not uncommon for these suckers to break when a toilet over a certain age is removed. So when the plumber came to install my new toilet last Wednesday night, he also noticed that there was a crack in the sewage pipe that was going to necessitate a "special" flange be ordered--a longer-than-usual one that would cover the crack so that water wouldn't seep underneath the floor. And guess what: My new toilet still sits in the boxes it came in, and I haven't heard from the plumber. I called him on Friday to see if he had an update for me, and he said, "Well, I've got some supply houses looking for it, but if we can't find the part we need we may have to have the guys who installed the tile come back out and remove the tiles from around the toilet area, let me install, then re-tile around it." What? Jesus. This is starting to really piss me off. We're about to run into the holidays, which I'm sure is going to delay things even more. I feel like such a useless girl. And, so far, all of this extra hoo-hah is going to end up costing me at least an extra $200 on top of what I already paid for the basic "re-set" service. Home ownership is FUN!!

To top all of this crap (again, pun totally intended), I'm sick as a dog. Chest cold. Head cold. Sore throat. Stomach ache. You name it: I've got it. I've got the kind of cough that, when people hear you coughing, they look at you with shock and horror. I feel like I'm in danger of cracking a few ribs each time I let out a big ol' hack. This morning after about 2 hours of restless, hacking sleep (and that's WITH taking medicine), I coughed up some stuff that would freak out even the most diehard science fiction fans. I just want to crawl under a rock and die.

3 comments:

Badger said...

Dude, get some Tussionex. It's some kind of codeine shit that knocks those coughs right out. I actually hoard it and use it recreationally. So, um, lemme know if you need a sample or something. The first one's free!

Anonymous said...

Sugar lump- I'm so sorry. I know you're more stubborn than a mule, but, go to the doctor, it's ridiculous to think you can care for a wee one as sick as you are. It's no fun if GJ wearing shoes on the wrong feet. And, as it's happened before, do your shoes match today?

And giggle, snort- haisubg- which I'm taking as "has you a bug?"

Karla said...

Ah yes the joys of home ownership. yesterday I had the guy come out to fix the dryer. It wasn't the dryer, it was the lectrical breaker TO the dryer. So 60 bucks to the appliance guy for saying "Can't do nothin' bout it!". Today another 90 for the electrician.

painter comes Monday. Another couple grand. Lawn and landscape work is done, which ironically cost the exact amount of our mortgage for a month.

I keep reminding myself that this is stuff that has been needed doing for YEARS, as you well know, but damn, it hurts all at once. The only person I have not called is the plumber. And yes, I knocked wood when I wrote that.