- I only take Ambien in dire situations, like when I really, really need to get some sleep and I'm worried that my overactive, overstressed mind won't be able to turn off to allow me to get said sleep. And when I DO take Ambien, I'm a good girl and follow the directions allowing for "at least 8 hours" of sleep. At any rate, the Ambien should've been well worn off when I had my mid-afternoon sinking spell. Hell, it wasn't a sinking spell, it was more like the Titanic. I went DOWN.
- Going to bed at 9:00pm every night sounds like a good idea, but since the baby doesn't go to sleep until about 8:00 - 8:15, that would leave me only 45 minutes to an hour that's TOTALLY to myself. And in that time, I would need to finish laundry, eat, shower, pay bills, talk on the phone to my out-of-state man, etc. So, sorry. Just not an option except every now and again.
- Even though it would be a good guess otherwise, no, I'm not pregnant. I had my baby-making parts removed almost a year ago.
- Hmmm...thyroid. That's not a bad guess. I had my thyroid tested about 8 or 9 years ago, but it was fine. I'm headed back to the doctor on 5/15, so I'm going to request that they test that sucker.
- And La Turista? You were right about the 3-day benders in college. I should've said, grad school, because I did pull consecutive all-nighters then, but it was to write brilliant papers deconstructing poetry and crap like that.
Karla "Estelle Getty" May