Friday, April 07, 2006

Quick Update

I lack the true creativity and/or brainpower to do any kind of decent post. But I can say a few things that have happened since my last post:

  • My stress hasn't subsided. If anything, I am more stressed (work wise) than I was when I wrote my last post. I am busier now than I've been in a long, long time, and it's beginning to take its toll (my skin is broken out...SEXY! And I'm just fucking exhausted).
  • It's gotten hot: It's currently 95 degrees outside. Goodbye spring. Hello summer. I have zero cute warm weather clothes. I'm screwed.
  • Ellen is handling her IV treatments like a champ. I can't say I've seen much improvement since I started giving them to her, but at least she's not getting any worse.
  • The Geej got to hear her first ever Mariachi singing last night, and seemed to enjoy it, swaying along like Ray Charles.
  • Today is the 1-year anniversary of The Geej coming in to my life for good. Her adoption was official on April 5th, but I wasn't able to get her from the orphanage until April 7th. What a year it's been. So full, so completely altering. Tonight I'm going to write her a letter to put in her baby book about what this year has meant to me. Damn, I love that little monkey.
  • This season of "The Sopranos" is really good. They're going out there with a lot of deep, psychological stuff, significant symbolic stuff, and some amazing acting. I'm going to hate to see it go, but it looks like they're going to leave us full, like a good Italian meal.
  • I do believe I'm falling in love. BIG time. It's scary and exciting and it's totally freaking me out. But yes: I'm gah-gah over a certain someone, and it's making me feel like a kid again. So amazing.

That's it for now. Perhaps I'll have the capacity to write more coherent posts in the near future that don't include bullet points and/or lists, but for now, this is all I can muster.

Bear with me...

3 comments:

Badger said...

Happy "gotcha day" to you and the Geej!

And YAY for the gah-gah!

Keetha said...

Whoa! Who's the guy? This sounds intriguing...

Millardman said...

You know I'm married...right?