Some random stuff I've been meaning to write about:
- Saw "Being Julia" with Annette Bening the other night on cable. Pretty good film. But what I REALLY loved was the costuming. My god, the late 1930s were simply the most lovely time for fashion. Women's clothes, men's clothes, the hats, the coats, the hair/makeup. It was all just so elegant and the lines were flawless.
- The Geej calls the sky "airplane," and is obsessed with blueberries.
- I had a dream that I was mauled by a red panda. WTF?
- Some of ya'll may have noticed that I turned on "comment moderator." Why? Because I was getting some accusatory, ugly anonymous comments, and I just won't stand for that shit. Why anyone would waste time and energy in such a negative way is completely beyond me. Fuck 'em.
- I'm an avid NPR-junkie, but lately the news has all been so depressing and dismal, that I find myself wanting to be as ignorant as possible, so I just turn it off. I can barely listen to the news anymore because it gives me a knot in my stomach.
- I went out on a dinner date last night and had really good sushi and two really, REALLY good martinis that gave me a wicked buzz.
- I had some king cake and gumbo this week. I'm so happy Mardi Gras is going on in New Orleans.