Friday, March 18, 2005

Russia in April...

Thank the Lord, I finally FINALLY found out my court date in Russia: April 5th. Which means we probably leave here on March 31st (since it takes 2 days to get there, with time changes, etc.). April 5th, I will get to lay eyes on that precious little creature and hold her once again. On April 5th, my mom will get to meet her only grandchild for the first time. I can hardly believe it.

When I got the news this morning, I just wept. It was the strangest, most overwhelming and indescribable feeling. It was just this big release and relief. After staring at the calendar for three months, wondering when...when...when..., I now know.

By the time we get there, The Geej will have just turned 8 months old. I have no idea how much she's going to have changed. But judging by my friends' babies who I've watched grow up, the 4 to 8 month period includes an unbelievable amount of change and development. Wow. She'll probably have a few teeth. And may be pulling up on stuff. And what about that crazy hair of hers? How long will it be? I am beside myself with excitement.

Of course now comes all of the preparation for the trip itself, but that's good. It will make the days fly by. Two weeks from today, I'll be on my way.

No comments: