Thursday, August 09, 2007

Really?

It's Thursday? Holy buttplugs, Batman! Where has the time gone?

I've been immersed in budget season at work. Spreadsheets and projection and careful planning all to be knocked in half by the Powers That Be. As long-time readers may know, I LOVE math, so budget time is my most fav-o-rite time of the year. I feel like skipping about and sweetly singing to the gentle forest creatures. And then disemboweling those forest creatures with a rusty butter knife and smearing myself in their blood and wearing their pelts as a hat. Or something along those lines.

In other words, me no likee budget season.

In happier news, I sent a check for $10.95 to Uncle Milton, Inc. this week for the ants and ant food that will make the Geej's ant farm I got her for her birthday come to life. File that under one thing I never thought I'd do: send off for mail-order ants.

I also got my autoharp back from the Autoharp Wizard of Austin earlier this week. Bless its heart...it's been sitting in storage for, well, years. And it was so dusty and waaaaay out of tune, I really wasn't sure that there was hope for it. But then this amazing old dude named Walter at Musical Exchage on North Loop took it into his loving arms--for three weeks--and tuned, re-tuned, re-tuned, and re-tuned it again until it was perfect. When I went to pick it up, he strummed it lovingly saying, "It sounds like a choir of angels." God bless you, Walter. All of this love and attention set me back $34. That's all it costs for a craftsman in the ATX--yet another reason I love living here. I got home, took her out, and played her during dinner while The Geej feasted on PB&J. It's nice to have her back.

Another thing I did this week? HAPPY HOUR! With actual grown ups. At the San Jose! As we sat in the courtyard drinking wine, eating good cheese, and listening to the DJ, we were all amazed by the fact that, here it was, August, and we weren't even breaking a sweat. Yes, it was warm, but it wasn't hot. There was a breeze. It was pretty amazing, considering our longitude and latitude. After happy hour, I swung by Jaye's to watch her AMAZING new dog Patsty eat "Frosty Paws." Good times, people.

To say I'm in lurve with this dawg is the understatement of the month. She is long, low, mellow, loving, and fucking CYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! I feel like Holly Hunter in that scene in "Raising Arizona" where she's looking at Nathan Jr. for the first time and she just loses it, going, "I just love him SO MUCH!" That's me around Patsy. She's the bizzzzzomb.

Know what else happened this week? I lost SIX pounds!! Whoot! After bitching about it for way too long, I finally decided to take charge of my fat ass and join Weight Watchers online. At my first weigh in, I nearly cried when I saw that I'd dropped six pounds. I reweighed myself 3 times just to be sure. I did Weight Watchers online back in 2002 and lost 41 lbs. I'm bound and determined to lose at least that much again this time. And, you know, KEEP THAT SHIT OFF. Ugh. So I'm not going to bore you to death with it, but I'll periodically give you updates and shit.

Let's see...what else? Oh yeah! Car trouble! C'mon....you know you love it...

I left work today to discover--HOORAY--my battery was dead!! And since I was the last person on my team to leave (fucking slackers) and Jimmy was already gone, I was sort of screwed. I finally found a kind person who'd parked nearby who helped me out and gave my battery a jump. I guess it makes sense: my car's about to turn 60k, and since I bought it used, I have no idea if the battery has ever been changed, and I'm thinking it probably hasn't. I'm sure the recent hot weather hasn't helped any. Well, I'm getting it taken care of tomorrow morning, so that'll help me sleep better at night.

Today I wore my new "Eat Like You Give A Damn" shirt to work, and boy was it a hit. Thanks to my good buddy Michelle (pictured wearing the shirt here) and her and her wonderful husband Josh's company Herbivore, there is cool shit out there in abundance. I can't wait to wear my "All My Heroes Have FBI Files" shirt I ordered from them.

This weekend? Rufus Wainwright and Neko Case at Stubb's. I may piddle myself with excitement!

More soon, lovebugs!

2 comments:

Karla said...

I'm not 100% sure? But i think it's against the rules to disembowel forest creatures with butter knives and wear their bloody fur on your head if you are a VEGETARIAN.

But, like I said, I have to recheck the rules.

mama herbivore said...

do i need to come to austin to liberate the geej's ants? hahahah. i'm so not funny.
you are, though, which is why you will help mortify americans! is it a TV show?
xoxoxoxoxo