Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just a note to say...

...I'm alive, but this week is bustin' my balls.

Having to circle the wagons and deal with the fact that my small team is now down one person and we've got BIG deadlines and projects staring us in the face.

First day back to school with the Geej. She's in the "big kids class" now with one other three year old and the rest are four and five year olds. New teachers. New routines. No Daschel (he's there, and they get to see each other on the playground in the afternoon, but still). It's all a big adjustment.

The wandering Geej, who wakes me up 2 - 4 times a night for no reason whatsoever and then passionately promises me the next night when I'm putting her to bed that it won't happen again.

My hair's got 2 in. long roots.

My car's inspection sticker is about to expire AND it needs its 60k major bucks "tune up."

My neighbor to the back who shares a privacy fence with me, tore down about a 8 ft. section of it this week without even letting me know a) he was going to do it and b) when (or if) he plans on replacing it.

It's all taking its toll, people. I've got nothin' to give to you except for this:

Here he is sitting on my bathroom counter, purring his ass off and watching me get ready like he does every morning. Notice anything missing from this shot.?You know, like maybe his back feet?
Oh look, HERE they are! Hiding underneath this flap of pudge.
Notice, when I let the flap go, voila!

The feet are gone once more. Amazing.

Looks like Earl's got a serious case of "Dunlap Disease."

1 comment:

Karla May said...

So, Mr. Wonderful tells me that Earl's "panther patch" is reminding me of those miserable penquins you see in documentaries, sheltering their young from the harsh elements by tucking them in their "panther pouch"-like folds of, well...you know...FAT. I can't say that I disagree.

Send any orphaned penguins our way.