Thursday, August 09, 2007

Oh, and another thing.

Dudes!

I forgot to tell you my (potentially) most exciting news from this week.

Well, first you need some back story.

Some months ago, the always-wise Malcontent loaned me this book, Mortified. She knew I'd love it because it's basically these people publishing their most embarrassing, hilarious, painful diary entries/passed notes/poetry etc*. along with a bit of background info to set the scene and always a photo of the dork. She was right: I giggled my way through it quickly while, all the time, thinking, "I've got shit that's as good--or better--than this."

Well, Mortified the book has grown in to (or out of) Mortified--The event. And guess who has an "audition" for the live event? That's right: your very own Pine Curtain Refugee.

I'm such a pack rat/dorkaholic that I'm sure to get cast. I'll keep you posted...

*See kids? This was before "MySpace" and "Facebook" and Twitter and all that stupid ephemeral shit you use now to "relate" to one another. Taking out a piece of notebook paper and writing down your deepest, darkest thoughts--in PEN no less--gave them a depth and legitimacy you'll never know. And then there was the folding...the elaborate folding. Sigh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be awesome. And I totally must read this book...

Badger said...

Oh my God. I totally want to do this. I used to fancy myself a poet, you know.

Anonymous said...

Dang. They should combine it with the Spamathon. It'd be bigger than Eeyore's. Seriously -- and think of the variety of folk!

So, what's your story Morning Glory? Or do we have to wait to hear? I'll post a mortification if you do -- double dog dare your way!