Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Freaking me out.

Last night I sent a "The Geej is 3" e-mail to 3 families who I met during the adoption process. One family from North Carolina adopted 2 boys from Vladivostok, one family from Houston had their Vladivostok adoption fall through then adopted domestically (and are about to adopt a daughter from China), and one family (also from Houston) had adopted their daughter Kyra from the same orphanage that The Geej came from about 6 months ahead of us.

I attached a couple of recent photos of The Geej (including the one below) to my e-mail, and asked for an update from these families, and (hopefully) some photos.
I gasped when I opened up this photo of Kyra (remember: same orphanage as The Geej).
Holy CRAP, people. Can you believe the similarities?! No, they're not sisters (they're too close in age for that to be possible), but something's telling me they've GOT to be related somehow. It's just too strange that they look that much alike...right down to the incredible eyes.

Whoa.

5 comments:

Bookhart said...

Um, that is uncanny.

Karla said...

Ok my first thought was...sisters. But you say not. So, um, that IS freaky.

Cousins? Same daddy different moms? Is there a busy man in Vladivostock?

Sinda said...

Wow, twins. Very incanny. Did you or will you tell the other parents, and get them in touch?

BreadBox said...

How close are their ages? Is it possible that they actually *are* twins, and there was a mix-up in birth info at a hospital where nobody really cared, since they were going to an orphanage? Or some similar story at a later date?

But they are stunningly lovely children:-)

N.

Mags said...

I think you might want to stay in touch with those people...perhaps a DNA test will be done cheaply and for "what-the-fuck" reasons twenty years from now, and those two sure as hell look like relations of some sort.

Freaky. But damn, they are lovely.