Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Let the games begin!

I went and got my homeowner's insurance squared away and got the cashier's check (gulp) for my closing costs and down payment today. Thursday's the final walk-through. Then Friday, I close. Oh God, it's official: I'm a damn grownup. Baby? Check. Mom-ish SUV-type vehicle? Check. Mortgage? Check. Prefer sleeping over socializing? Check. Wow.

And to make things more interesting, I am SLAMMED at work. Have been for a couple of weeks now. Seriously, I get to work at about 8:30-ish, and do not stop unless it's to pee, eat lunch, or call the utility companies to arrange to have my services turned on at the new place. (A call to SBC ate up 27 minutes of my life today.)

When I get home, my to-do list is as long as the one at work, and just as tedious. It's times like these that I think, "Hmmm...maybe if I started taking meth, I'd get skinny and have the energy I need to do everything I need to do." Well, not really. But almost.

So it's 11:20 right now, and I've still got at least an hour's worth of stuff to accomplish before I collapse in bed. And what am I doing? Blogging. Wait. Scratch that. I'm waiting for the laundry to dry so I can fold it. Yeah. That's what I'm doing.

Tomorrow I won't get a lick of work done because we've got this all-day gauntlet of interviews for a new position on our team. They're literally scheduled from 9:00 to 4:00. And here's the kicker: our boss already has her mind up who she wants to hire. We're basically just going through the motions as far as I can tell. This is the kind of shit that convinces me that I will have a stroke before I'm forty.

On the lighter side, I'm thinking that maybe--just maybe--it's finally fall. We've had a couple of head-fuck cool fronts blow through over the past month or so (Ahhh...it's finally fall...wait...NO IT'S NOT! It's 89 degrees and humid! Sucker!! Here's some mid-November mosquito bites just for funzies.), but the one that blew in today may be The One that means the hot weather is done for a while. We shall see...

1 comment:

Karla said...

Ah the joys of home ownership. I can't WAIT to see it.

verification word: yukwizn, which sounds like "you quizzin'" which could be like, so dope, yo!