Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bloggin' in the rain...

When I left the hair salon tonight (after getting my frightening roots taken care of), it was oppressively hot and windy. Up to the northwest of town, the sky was dark and there was crazy lightning occuring. Ah...a spring storm. And sure enough, as I sit here, it's raining, thundering, lightning, and I even hear a little hail. LOVE it. Man, we NEED this rain, but I know it's not going to last for long. I'll just enjoy it while I can. Our dog, who is scared of storms, is lying her big, hairy ass next to me, nervously panting her humid breath on my leg, and I'm sipping a spectacular glass of Argentinean Malbec. Life is good.

And really, it is. The stand-off with my mother is over (thank God). The Geej has been having a fun break from school (she starts back next Monday). Her twice-a-week swimming lessons are going well. Work is manageable and my team is working together better than they have in a while. BH and I are looking forward to a quick trip out of town in a couple of weekends. Dah and I are talking about planning a trip for her, me and The Geej later this summer. I've planned The Geej's 5th birthday party. I reconnected with a dear, old friend from college earlier this week and got to meet her adorable 11 yr. old daughter. And I've seen "The Hangover," which was one of the raunchiest and funniest movies I've seen in...well...forever.

So yeah, those are the haps. More soon.

No comments: