Thursday, March 06, 2008

Yuck.

Yesterday, I was feeling fine. Until about noon-ish, that is. Then, suddenly, it's like I hit a wall, energy-wise. I felt drugged and sluggish. I was even slurring my words a bit and couldn't think straight. I felt feverish and my head was banging. Went home and got in bed and totally crashed. When I woke up, I took my temperature, and as I suspected: low grade, annoying fever. Managed to get The Geej fed and bathed--with ample help from BH--then got myself showered and got back in bed. Slept like a dead person, then woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. And for the first time in forever, I e-mailed in sick. Really sick. I ate some apple sauce then took Geej to school. When I got back home, I crawled straight into bed at about 9:30 am. I didn't stir again until BH woke me up at around 4:40pm. Again, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck...a mean truck that didn't really care much for me.

I fucking hate being sick. And this? I have no idea what "this" is. I just feel worn completely down, utterly exhausted. Of course, I have a HUGE, important, work event that starts tomorrow and goes all weekend until Monday. So, yeah...

BH travels to Colorado tomorrow to move his sons to Texas. They're moving close--to College Station--and BH is going to drive them back in their mom's car while she drives the moving van. They'll be with us for spring break/SXSW week next week.

We're excited. It's going to be busy. I need to get well, damnit.

1 comment:

Me said...

Feel better soon. It's basically a version of the flu. We've had it three different times this fall/winter. It sucks balls. Glad you have BH to help with the Geej.

Take care of yourself!

Eileen :)