Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The week.

What IS it with this week?

Monday sort of sucked.

Yesterday, it rained like hell AND it also sort of sucked. Let me put it this way: My team was in interviews for our open position from 12:30 until 5:15pm, which was then followed by nearly TWO HOURS of passionate deliberation about the candidates. The choice wasn't just difficult; it was excruciating. It came down to an extremely talented external candidate who really wants and is excited about the position and an extremely talented internal candidate who--although we've worked with him in the past and he interviewed for the job--never convinced us that he really, really wanted it. Plus, I think the work style of our team drives him slightly nuts and I truly believe that there are bigger and better things on the horizon for him at our company. It was rough, but we ended up going with the external candidate. Tomorrow, I get to call the third candidate we interviewed and tell him we've gone with someone else. Not fun.

I am simply swamped at work. I feel like I'm mere seconds from drowning. If I had the ability to work until 6:30 every night, I would be able to get a lot more done. But I can't do that (due to my Geej-fetching deadline), and I really don't want to have to work at home at night. I am trying to clarify the line between work life and home life, and working at home only blurs that. But really, it's the only way to keep myself from complete burial.

Next week, I go to Toronto for work. The week after that, Boulder. A couple of weeks after that, BH and I head to the beach (hallelujah!) and then I head to Chicago for work. In other words, April's gonna be a bitch.

Meanwhile, The Geej has become very taken with her Little People. She takes them in the bathtub with her, and there is all sorts of drama and adventure. Tonight, she lined them all up on the side of the tub, and I asked her what all of their names were. They were, from left to right: Lisa, Batman, Teddy Bear, My Love, a different Lisa, Nabel, Wonderpet, The Other Wonderpet, Spiderman, and Louie.

The girl has the most wonderful imagination.

No comments: