Monday, July 02, 2007

There's one in every neighborhood.

If you go to a tall man's convention, there's still always going to be one dude who's the shortest guy in the room.

The same goes for neighborhoods. I don't care if you live in the most hoity toity gated shi shi neighborhood in your town, there's always that one house that's just kind of trashy. Maybe they decided to paint their brick some godawful color. Or maybe they just let their yard go until it looks like utter shit. Or maybe they collect lawn "art" that they think is tasteful, but anyone with a brain thinks is awful.

That house in my very UNhoity toity neighborhood is right across the street from me, and it makes me want to punch something.

First of all, it seems like they have some sort of "garage" sale every month. Like this past Saturday, for instance. They pulled all of this shit--including FIVE strollers--out of their packed-to-the-rafters garage, threw it out in the driveway, and attracted bargain hunters like flies. But by around noon, when it became clear that most of their crap wasn't going home with anyone, they just threw it all back into the garage and closed the doors until next month's shit-sale-o-rama.

And I guess the full garage would account for part of the fact that they always have NO FEWER THAN SEVEN vehicles parked in front of their house. Fucking A people!! When I snapped this photo yesterday, there were 11 cars there. ELEVEN!! (Trust me. I counted. You can't see the one parked in front of the van on the left...you know, the van with its hood up. And they are stacked several deep in an auxilary "driveway" they've made on the right of their house.) I wish I could say that seeing eleven cars over there was really an unusual sight, but it's not at all.

I don't even know these people, but I know I don't like 'em...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fuh-kin-A KM. The whole car thing? That sucks.

At least the presence of strollers (and the fact that they encourage Wal-Mart shopping in their driveway) rules out the crackhouse factor.

My word verification, appropriately, is 'irkks'.