Sunday, July 22, 2007

Catching up

Friday night was fun, but you see, I wasn't able to hang as late as I thought. Reasons? I was tired from working/momming all week. I'd had too much wine while getting ready for the evening with Ms. Lindsay in her swanky "King Suite" at the Clarion Inn. Oh, and I'm old. Like really, really old.

But it was great to gab (loudly) and laugh (even more loudly) and to just generally hang out with the ladies without a husband or a kid in sight.

Here's Mags stuffing a napkin in to her shirt. I know there was a reason she was doing this, but damned if I can remember.
Here's Karla stuffing a French fry into her nose. I think she learned this skill in finishing school.

Here's Lindsay with that "I'm really quite drunk but still very adorable" look on her face, and to her left, Patty.

Here are Bookhart, Jaye, and Jaye's patient friend from out of town, Emily.

And here's a way-too-up-close photo of me that Karla took when I could've sworn she was taking a picture of my cleavage. Damn, I look like an old trannie.

Lindsay and I left before the party changed venues (see Karla's entry), and Jaye and Emily were nice enough to drive our drunk asses back to the Clarion. And what did we do? We had the t.u.d. (totally unnecessary drink). That's right, we felt like we just HAD to dive into the wine we hadn't finished while getting ready. So we continued to chat and imbibe until I saw Lindsay literally falling asleep sitting up, and stumbled back to my own room (across the hall). I've apparently forgotten how to pack, because I had nothing to sleep in, so I just put my t-shirt on that I'd worn to work all day and slept in that.
The next day, head banging, I woke up at around 10am. It was dark and cold in my room, but I just felt too lousy to go back to sleep. So I got up to get dressed and discovered that I'd packed a shirt to wear, but no pants. (What is WRONG with me?! Wait, don't answer that...) So after putting on my dirty pants from the day before, I packed up my crap, and knocked on Lin's door. She'd showered, was having coffee, and was watching trashy t.v. Shortly thereafter, we walked next door to have some Dim Sum, which pretty much hit the spot.

Next I went home. Showered. Did some laundry. Napped. Packed another bag, and left for my mom's house. It was raining like a bitch when I left (of course), but thankfully stopped during my drive. In fact, it cleared off nicely, and I was able to watch The Geej demonstrate her tricycle riding skills. I even got inspired and took my very dusty, unused bike out for a spin as well. You gotta love the Huffy Cruiser.

Looking ahead to a busy week at work, a doctor's appointment, and frenzied preparations for Mr. Wonderful's visit (he's bringing his oldest with him) and The Geej's big birthday party this weekend. Yikes.

More soon, kittens.

3 comments:

SUS said...

Re: The t.u.d.
Steven calls that the "Free Beer"---something to reward oneself after the trip home.
And that's the drink that usually hurts the most, eh?

Badger said...

Uh, you wanna talk aging trannies? Thank God I left before the cameras came out, is all I can say.

Anonymous said...

KM-- this is totally out of place here, but I forwarded your Russian singer picture to a Russian friend of mine. This is her reply:


The singer's name is Velerii ( Valery) Leontiev . He is very "old school", very famous, very popular, talented, people say he is gay, but he has wife. I like him, respect for his hard work and hard way up. I have some of his CDs if you are interested.

http://www.babylontube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=b633e50cdf1b20de6f46