Saturday, July 07, 2007

AGAIN!! I can't post a title in the title box. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, I haven't had home phone service since last night when the storm apparently knocked it out. They're saying they can possibly have it restored by 7pm on Monday the 9th. I'm sure they'll credit me for the few days I was without phone service on my next bill, right? No? You don't think so?

Yeah, me neither.

I guess our big excitment of the day (besides the fact that it DIDN'T RAIN all day!!) was the fact that the Geej and I nearly stepped on one of these in our back yard while looking for doodle bugs to put in her bug cage:I'm pretty sure it was one of these (a non-poisonous bull snake), but not sure enough not to be scared shitless by it. Holy CRAP, y'all! It was just lying there in the grass, sunning itself. And I literally didn't see it until it slithered away from my shoe landing right next to it. I estimate it was about 2' long, which means it was young, because these suckers can get to be 4' to 5' long.
What the HELL?! I think snakes are cool--lovely, even--but only when they're in an aquarium and there's a nice thick layer of glass between them and me.

5 comments:

Badger said...

Snake! Aaiiiiiii! I think snakes are way cool IN GENERAL, but NOT in my backyard, yo.

I'm having the title issue with one of my blogs. I can't click directly in the title box, but if I move my cursor slightly ABOVE the box and click there, for some reason I'm able to type the title. Stupid Blogger.

Megan said...

I'm having the same issue with titles, but if I click on the "Edit HTML" tab instead of the "Compose" tab, it will let me enter the title in at that point.

Anonymous said...

I have learned to pinch my butt checks together and look out of my left eye. Once I have done that the snakes seem to disappear.

Keetha said...

No title posting here either. Wonder what's up with that. I'll try Megan's advice. Dude, the snake. (shudder)

La Turista said...

We needs to get these mothereffin snakes out of this mothereffin hood, pronto. Pardon me while I pray to St. Pat.