Friday, July 20, 2007

Oh yes it's ladies' night, and the feelin's right...

Tonight's the Big Night Out for a lot of us who are over there in the blog roll on the right: Bookhart, Mags, The Texpatriate, Malcontent, Jaye, and others.


Watch out, Austin. We don't get out much, and we have a lot of gabbing to do. So just prepare yourself.


What else. Oh yes! My ark-building kit came in the mail today, just in time for the latest deluge. I heard the weather guy on t.v. say that we've had rain for 27 of the last 30 days. With today's downpour, that makes 28 out of 31. It's amazing to me that, at 1:15pm this July 20th in Austin, Texas, it's only 74 degrees. How is that even possible? But my GOD the humidity.


More stream-of-consciousness stuff...


I have two conversations with the Geej that I must relay to you:


Conversation #1 was had while she was sitting on the potty doing...you know...number two. Anyway, it was taking her a looooooooooooooong time, and when asked about it, she said, "I know! I'm frustrated with my poo poo."


Conversation #2 happened between Geej and Dah this morning.

Geej: Mommy's at work.
Dah: What does Mommy do at work?
Geej: Well, she plays with her friends, eats lunch and buys things.


Yep, that pretty much sums it up.


Now, here's the story of the "I amaze myself!" koozie:

Many moons ago, in the early 90s, Jules and I had gone to Dallas with another friend. I don't remember why we went, but I'm sure it involved heavy drinking. Anyway, I always buy a commemorative koozie when I go on a road trip. It's just one of my things. I usually look for the one with the stupidest phrase on it. If it's misspelled, sexist, or completely politically incorrect then that makes it even better. On this trip, I'd purchased the koozie in the photo below. For some reason--hangover induced deliriousness, most likely--I decided to explain the deep, deep meaning of the phrase combined with the graphic of the rabbit pulling itself out of a hat. I explained it over and over and over for at least 30 minutes. Annoying? Why, no. Hilarious? But of course.

Flash forward to January 2006, Julie comes down for a visit and I have a big housewarming party at my house. I brought out my two big shopping bags of koozies collected over the decades, and gave them away to my guests. Julie ended up with the "I amaze myself!" koozie (appropriately), and she decided to whoop it out at the party SHE had last weekend when I was visiting her in Norman.


Yet another reason I love her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lendon said that the Geej made his friend's 4-year-old look retarded. She's a smart cookie. And cute as a bug.

Anonymous said...

PS - Now I can't get that song out of my head....almost to the point where I feel the urge to do a disco spin with a clap...