Thursday, July 07, 2005

Thank ya Jesus. Thank ya Lawd.

It rained this evening. Finally. When I walked across the yard, it sounded like I was walking on bubble-wrap, the yard was so crispy. But now...aaaaaahhh. And it was dramatic: lightning, thunder, wind. Granted, it only netted .5 inches, but still, it was really freakin' cool.

What else...

Mom left today, and I cried. Having someone to help share the work of caring for the baby has been so amazing. I was crying because I was sad to see her go, and I was crying before I knew how much work I had ahead of me without her here. We've already talked on the phone 5 times today.

London bombing. What the fuck? And of course Bush comes out with his standard "The 'War on Terror' continues...we're going to hunt down and bring to justice these people and spread a message of compassion and freedom." Yeah, George. It seems to be working so far, so just stay the course...

I have my post-op visit with La Doctora tomorrow. I can't say I'm looking forward to the poking and prodding, but I do look forward to having some questions answered...such as, "How long exactly will these 'menopause symptoms' last?" and "When will I stop being so tired all the time?"

Okay. That's it for now. More soon...

No comments: