Friday, February 25, 2005

Post Dental Trauma

Well, it's over. One filling on my upper right. One filling on my lower left. Unfortnately, I didn't get the gas, but they numbed me up pretty good on both sides.
Now I'm at work enduring the slings and arrows of my co-workers who can't resist making fun of my temporary Bell's Palsy. Seriously, not only am I slurring and drooling like a total drunk, the right side of my face is literally paralyzed. When I smilie, nothing happens on that side. It's pretty alarming looking, actually. And after my visit to the dentist, I was struck with an intense headache. So I took some aspirin, which, if anyone would've been videotaping me, would've won me at least $10K on America's Funniest Home Videos. I had water spilling all over me and had no idea if the aspirin had actually gone down my throat or not. And putting on lipstick? Forget it. I can't feel my lips, so what's the point?
I'm worried that when this crap wears off, that I'm in for a world of pain. But at least I'll be able to drink water without having it come out of both sides of my mouth.

No comments: