Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Forced Creativity/Disclosure


Not feeling all that inspired lately. Is it the foggy, crappy weather? I'm not sure. So I'm basically just going to copy what my blogging cohort the Texpatriate has done. She's my idol, so I don't feel weird copying her. I'm kind of like Jamie Lynn to her Britney. So enjoy. Or not. But here goes:

l. What time did you get up this morning? Well...my ALARM went off at 6:51. I didn't get my lazy ass out of bed until 7:40. Damn you snooze button!!
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds. But not too many and not too gaudy. Just elegantly presented and flawless.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? "House of Flying Daggers." Breathtaking.
4. What is your favourite TV show? The Daily Show
5. What did you have for breakfast? Can of La Croix sparkling water, lemon
6. What is your middle name? Nunya. As in "Nunya" business...
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Hard to say because there is little I don't like. But if I had to choose, I'd say Tex-Mex.
8. What foods do you dislike? Bleu cheese; kiwi; beets; sweet potatoes; coffee; lima beans; anything that ever had hooves or fur
9. What is your favourite crisp/chip flavour? Salt and vinegar.
10. What is your favourite CD at the moment? Alpinestars, "White Noise."
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Volkswagen Jetta wagon. V6. Not your mama's station wagon.
12. Favourite sandwich? Anything made by someone else. Why is it that sandwiches that other people make for you always taste better?
13. What characteristics do you despise? Closed mindedness and comfortable ignorance.
14. Favourite item of clothing? A pair of pajamas I've had since 1988. They've been washed so many times they're as soft as silk.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Portugal or Greece
16. What colour is your bathroom? 50's Pink and black tile with black walls.
17. What colour pants are you wearing? Gap blue jeans.
18. Where would you retire to? Riverfront property in the Texas Hill Country
19. Favourite time of the day? Early evening.
20. What was your most memorable birthday? Thirty third. Just months after my husband had walked out on me, 3 dear girlfriends joined me in Las Vegas and we had a magnificent meal and went to see Charo's lounge show. It was wonderfully cheesy.
21. Where were you born? Longview, Texas. County seat of Gregg County.
22. What's the last thing you ate? A dark organic chocolate-covered cherry.
23. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Sky blue
24. Favorite flower? Gerbera daisies and gladiolas.
25. What fabric detergent do you use? Whatever's on sale.
26. Coke or Pepsi ? Dr. Pepper
27. Do you wish on stars? Only falling stars. I wish on red cardinals when I see them.
28. What is your shoe size? 7 1/2 or 8, depending on the shoe
29. Do you have any pets? Ellen, 15 1/2 year old cat/professional grump; Earl, 3 1/2 year old cat/plus-sized comedian; Jambone, 9 month old Beta
30. Last person you talked to on the phone? Chaz A.
31. What did you want to be when you were little? Carol Burnet or Gilda Radner
32. What are you meant to be doing now? Writing and appearing on "The Daily Show" and/or singing back-up and playing mandolin in a bluegrass band
33. What do you first notice about someone? Usually their smile/teeth.
34. Siblings? Nope. I'm an "only."
35. What was your favourite toy as a child? My imagination and the "World Book" encyclopedia set my parents got me when I was seven. Yes, I was a dweeby kid.
36. Summer or winter? Summer.
37. Hugs or Kisses? Depends on who's giving 'em...
38. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
39. Living arrangements? Renting an adorable mid-50s bungalow; huge yard
40. When was the last time you cried? Day before yesterday.
41. What is under your bed? Sweater storing thing; dustbunnies; storage thing with pictures and frames in it
42. How many countries have you visited? Mexico, Canada, England, Scotland, Russia
43. In how many cities have you lived? Longview (not really a "city", is it?), Austin, Birmingham, AL and Chicago. Spent three months in Oxford England in 1990.
44. Favourite movie of all time? "The Color Purple" (drama); "Raising Arizona" (comedy)
45. Mountains or beach? Beach.
46. The current friend you have known the longest? Lisa C. We went to Montessori school together.
47. Full names of your potential kids? The Geej
48. Usual bedtime? Rarely before 11:00pm

No comments: