Monday, April 12, 2010

Yes.

I came out of isolation Saturday morning.
I marveled at the abundance of wildflowers along FM 1431 as I headed to Dah's house to get The Geej.
I got The Geej and marveled at how much a 5 year old girl can talk. (I'd gotten used to the silence, I guess.)
I got home and realized how much I'd really missed it all--BH, the pets, my bed, the kiddo.
I did laundry.
I was amazed by how much the leaves on the trees had emerged in the short time I'd been gone.
I took afternoon naps because I'd get so fatigued from doing not much of anything, that I wanted to cry.
I cried anyway.
I doubled over because my lower back ached so intensely.
I went to IKEA on a Sunday because I am insane.
I went back to the office.
I had trouble concentrating, but managed to get some work done.
I went to my 6 week post op appt. with my ENT who was happy with the way my scar is healing (as am I).
I came home after the appointment and tried to work, but ended up crying and frustrated because I was too tired to concentrate.
I went and got The Geej from school.
I got to started reading the Beverly Cleary "Mouse and the Motorcycle" series to her at bedtime, and was FLOODED with memories about how much I loved those books when I was little.
I started reading this and am already loving it.
And I started counting down the hours until I can start taking my goddamned thyroid medicine because I am sick of feeling as round-the-clock awful as I currently feel. (Approx. 36 more hours...)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I told Brit about the book. He can't wait to read it. It looks so gooooood.