- Went to see Jerry Seinfeld do stand-up with Blake and my mom on Friday night. Mom bought us the tickets, and I was like, "Um...okay." But actually? We had a good time, and Mr. Seinfeld was very funny.
- The show was at the remodeled Bass Concert Hall on the U.T. campus. I wasn't really all that impressed by the remodel.
- Saturday, Mom, The Geej and I drove up to Dallas (Allen, actually) to visit family for the weekend. My aunt and uncle (who Geej calls "Nanny and Papa") live there, and they had all four of their kids (my cousins) in town with their progeny to celebrate my cousin Jeffrey's son's second birthday. You still with me?
- We stayed at a nearby hotel, which the Geej thought was just too cool. I love that 4 yr. olds can be so impressed with a Hilton Garden Inn.
- Hung out with the family Saturday afternoon and evening, and that included a dip in the (heated) pool for the kiddos.
- It was my first time to meet my cousins' sons because one of them lives in New Jersey, and the other in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The babies--Lucas, 2 and Joshua, 6 mos.--were ADORABLE.
- Geej thought she'd died and gone to heaven b/c she got to help feed, bathe, dress, and put down the babies. REAL LIVE BABIES!!
- Sunday was the actual birthday party at Nanny and Papa's.
- Holy HELL, it was windy. And had dropped about 40 degrees.
- Had to make an emergency trip to Target to get sweaters, long-sleeved shirts and the like.
- After the main festivities, Geej and I snuck away to go visit my friend Lisa and her cutie-pie Henry who is almost 2 yrs. old.
- This time, Geej got to push Henry in the stroller. Once again, she was in heaven.
- OMG y'all, I'm going to be a grandmother WAY before I want to be.
- We stayed in Dallas Sunday night as well.
- Drove back on Monday after introducing The Geej to the wonders of IHOP.
- Back at work yesterday playing catch-up.
- Had an extra-long, extra good workout last night (after being away from the gym for way too long).
- Currently eating some DIVINE fresh strawberries whilst blogging.
Here are some photos I've been meaning to share with you:Joshua and his dad (my cousin), Chris. Yes, I nibbled on his rolls. Repeatedly. (The baby's, not Chris's. What kind of a family do you think we are?!)
The Geej "helping" Joshua go down for his nap. Apparently she felt it was necessary to crawl all the way into the port-a-crib with him.
The Geej with Barry Manilow. Yeah, I know. WTF?Jaye and I went to eat at Hoover's a week or so ago, and got seated near this table of 7 cowboys (6 of whom were wearing hats) from Vernon, Texas. How do I know they were from Vernon? Well, it said so on their shirts!! I mean, I'm a native Texan, and even I'm sort of astounded by this scene.
The Geej confusing the kitties (and me) by hanging out in the dirty laundry hamper.
Frito Pile!! (It's what you call "Frito Pie" when you don't have the little bags of Fritos to split along the side and serve it in.)