Monday, April 23, 2007

Zombie.

That's me. Zombified.

I'm coming off of a fabulous weekend spent with Mr. Wonderful. We had a great time just lounging, hanging out with The Geej, driving around in the Hill Country, stopping at weird shops, visiting with friends, eating sushi, reading, talking, making fun of Earl. It was hard to let him go back to Colorado today, but I predict this will be his last spring there. He's really starting to make things happen that will make his (and his family's) move down to Austin a reality. I'm almost breathless with excitement.

Last week was hellacious at work. Let me just put it this way: sometimes being the "boss" ain't fun. At all. And last week was one of those weeks. It was physically, mentally and emotionally draining. But Friday afternoon, my team and I took off, had a long lunch at Hula Hut and then went canoeing on Town Lake. We all needed it, and the weather was spectacular.

This week is going to be another nut buster. I've got assloads of work to do prepping for this huge conference my team is hosting next week. We've got about 60 people who will be attending, and all eyes will be on us to show that a) we're a different team than we were when we hosted the last conference of this type 2 years ago and b) that the current team leadership (i.e., yours truly) isn't as big of a nutcase as the last person who was leading the team. I'm more excited than anxious. I'll just be glad when it's all behind me and I'm sitting on a plane headed toward the beach. Which is happening. A week from this Thursday. If I don't die of chronic sleepiness syndrome (now, with extreme yawning!).

More as I muster up the energy and creative brainpower...

No comments: