Monday, April 16, 2007

Photo Essay

If I weren't totally wiped out from the fact that this was my first day back in the office in a week and that I spent 4.5 hours of my day (3 at work, 1.5 on the phone while at home) discussing some effed up interpersonal B.S. going on between two members of my team so that I'm also emotionally drained, I'd write you up some witty, worthwhile post. But I just ain't got it in me. So, please enjoy the following random selection of photos and their accompanying brief, unimaginitive descriptions:

The Geej hosting a picnic at Dah's house. She served me tacos, a hot dog bun, mustard, milk, and picante sauce.

My mom's cat, Smokey Jo. She is a feral rescue, and is pretty skittish because of her sketchy past. She is spotted out in the open about as frequently as Big Foot, so it's pretty amazing that I was actually able to capture her image on camera.

An amazingly good piece of banana caramel pie I ate at a restaurant called--you guessed it--"Hank's" in Charleston.
A rooftop bar in Charleston where Jaye and I enjoyed many vodka tonics and mingled with the whitest white people in the world. Yes, we saw an old dude in a seersucker suit and another guy in lime green slacks. And I said "slacks" on purpose.

Me and Jaye on the rooftop bar at sunset.



The bridge that connects Charleston with Mount Pleasant. This was taken by Jaye who was copilot in my kick ass minivan rental. Ever heard of a Pontiac "Montana?" Yeah, me neither. What a piece of shit. It made the "Aztek" seem like an engineering marvel.
If you've ever done the South Carolina to North Carolina trek on I-95, then you know exactly what this is a picture of. If not, I pity you because it really is something to behold.



A lot of things about that drive made me feel like I was back in east Texas...like this lumber truck, for instance.



Storms a-brewin' as Jaye and I were flying back into Austin.

1 comment:

Jaye Joseph said...

Holy shit.
A) Weight Watchers here I come.
B) I'm like a professional photographer and shit
C) 4.5 hours? Are you f'in kidding me?