Friday, April 13, 2007

Howdy, ya'll.

I'm posting from the lovely "Cyber Cafe" in the Raleigh, NC airport whilst enjoying a "Tuna Nicoise" sandwich (read: tuna salad) and a glass of Pinot Grigio.

This trip has been fun, but exhausting. I've got lots to write about. Like my kick ass minivan I rented from Avis. And the 24 hour Topless Cafe off of I-95 called "Cafe Risque." And the creepiest hotel ever--The Holiday Inn of Doom. And how much I love, love, love Charleston, SC. And how freakin' gorgeous the south is in the spring. And the utter delirium that Jaye and I dealt with at about 12:30 in the morning on Wednesday that started with my question to her: "I wonder what fried marshmallows would taste like."

Yes, a good time was had by all. And you should freakin' HEAR my drawl, ya'll. When I'm around this many hardcore Southerners for this long, it comes roaring back with a damn vengeance. It's pretty crazy.

Jaye and I had time to kill this afternoon, so we went and got mani- pedis. Nice. Now, my child is safe at La Turista's house, eating snowcones and playing with Peach and Olive. I can't wait to see her little peaches.

Hopefully I can download some photos and do an honest-to-goodness post about this trip tomorrow. But I don't know...Because The Geej and I will be heading out to Casa Avocado to play with the Malcontentettes tomorrow afternoon and spending the night at Dah's house afterward.

More soon. I promise...

2 comments:

Karla said...

I adore Charleston. I've spent a bit of time there as Rich's dad and stepmom lived in Beaufort, which is another absolutley gorgeous old town. I love that part of the US.

I'm jealous! I haven't bee nthere in years, sigh.

GoingLoopy said...

...I love marshmallows. I love fried things. This sounds like a winning combination, but I am not sure I own a deep fryer, and pan-frying would not cut it for such an experiment. Too bad I no longer work at my bingo-hall college job, where the dudes who worked at the snack bar would fry anything that stood still long enough...