Sunday, December 31, 2006

Kiss my ass, 2006.

What a year, no? And it's going out with a bang what with The Godfather of Soul, Gerald Ford, and Saddam all biting the dust within a week of one another. I am happy to say that I am actually going out to celebrate the close of this strange year, and I'm super excited. If you've read this blog for any length of time and/or know me personally, you know what a psychotic Xanadu fan I am. So it makes TOTAL sense that I wouldn't be able to pass this event up, right? I mean, come ON!! That shit was made for me!! Plus, I haven't been out for NYE in at least 5 years. I'm not a big New Year's kind of gal anymore. In my twenties, sure. But now it all seems sort of asinine. I'm sure after tonight it will probably be at least another five years before something comes along that's tempting enough to lure me out of the house on NYE. Now I just need to go figure out what the fuck I'm going to wear...

This year was filled with high highs (falling in love with Mr. Wonderful, my promotion at work, making it halfway through potty training The Geej, the Geej's wonderful new school, etc.) and very low lows (the whole hospital ordeal, putting Ellen to sleep). I want next year to bore my socks off. I hope that it is utterly uneventful, but with my track record, I don't see that really happening.

I haven't made any resolutions per se. However, I have figured out a kick ass tattoo I want to get, and I'd like to have it designed and ready to go by April 5th--the date that the Geej's adoption was finalized. And the area of my body where I want this thing to go could use some, uh, firming up. So I guess that's sort of a goal/resolution.

Speaking of The Geej, she did something hilarious yesterday. I was talking with Mr. Wonderful on the phone, and she was playing near by. I told him "shut up" in a playful way, and suddenly, she was walking around saying "Shut UP! Shut UP!" to everything. She walked up to Earl and said, "Shut UP, purring!" And then she continued her tirade by saying, "Shut UP, door!" "Shut UP, Christmas tree!" "Shut UP, window!" And on and on and on. Sigh... That's going to be a hard one to explain she she goes back to school.

I guess I'll finish up this post by doing a fun new meme that Jaye made up.

Open iTunes. Click the column header for "Play Count". What are the first five songs listed?
Independence Day--Elliot Smith
Crazy--Gnarls Barkley
Black Sweat--Prince
Yellow Sarong--Yo La Tengo
Pitseleh--Elliot Smith

Click the column header for Last Played. What are the first 5 songs?
I Won--The Sundays
Street Spirit (Fade Out)--Radiohead
A Prayer for England--Massive Attack
Going Down to Liverpool--The Bangles
Get Happy--The Bud Powell Trio

Click Party Shuffle. What are the first 5 songs?
Easter Song--A Man Called Adam
The Hollow--A Perfect Circle
Not Too Soon--Throwing Muses
Tears of God--Los Lobos
The Space Between--Zero 7

Click the column header Year. What are the first 5 songs from 1994?
The first five songs from The Beastie Boys, Ill Communication

Click the column header My Rating. What are the first 5 songs?
Um yeah...I haven't ever rated anything.

Finally, look at the bottom of your iTunes window. How many days of music do you have?
25.4 days

Happy New Year folks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Babydoll & Littler Babydoll!

I giggled when I read your post as my little Baby New Year required assistance while I was reading. So I stopped after this passage:

"... King of Soul, Gerald Ford ..." For some reason, I still think it's funny.

Big smooches!