Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry merry, and all that jazz.

Well, Christmas 2006 has come and gone. The Geej was more than delighted with her haul of Santa-provided goodies. Per her very steady request, she did receive "a baby, and a blanket, and a house." Plus she got a lot of other stuff that she has been enjoying. I've probably heard the question, "Do you want to play with my new toys?" about 100 times in the past 24 hours.


For Christmas, I got gas logs installed in my fireplace and a pretty new fireplace screen. It was a cold and rainy weekend, so the fireplace got used a lot. I miss the pop and hiss of a real fire, but the convenience and lack-o-mess that these gas logs provide means that I'll get a lot more use out of the fireplace than I would've otherwise.


Tomorrow, it's back to work. Her school is closed for the next two weeks, so my DEAR mother is doing the bulk of daytime Geej-tending. God BLESS her! I'm just glad this year is coming to a damn close. It's been a bit schizophrenic--very high highs, and shitacular lows. Know what I want in 2007? Calm. I want it to be boring and uneventful, even. I'm sure that won't happen. I've got quite a penchant for drama in my little life, but calmness is what I'm wishing for just the same.

By the way, this is what you look like after you scarf down a gingerbread Santa cookie from Sweetish Hill:



Hope yours was a good one. Now 364 days until we get to do it all over again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Karla May!
Love the photo---it was a good idea to pick a cookie that matched The Geej's shirt.

Sinda said...

Was just reading the news and thought, yeah, Karla May gets to go home early! Hope you enjoy your water day!
Sinda